Pulmonary Center for Excellence Program
The Pulmonary Center for Excellence is a collaborative effort between our resident pulmonologist and his team of respiratory therapists designed to provide pulmonary services for all Stonebrook patients who have respiratory diagnoses such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema, chronic bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia, and congestive heart failure (CHF).
Enrolled Stonebrook patients benefit from the following:
- On-site treatment from respiratory therapists and rounding pulmonologist
- Immediate availability of respiratory-support equipment
- Nursing staff training to respond to respiratory conditions
- Family and caregiver training on respiratory issues and early warning signs
- Patient education to help set them up for success after their discharge to a lower level of care
The pulmonary program strives to achieve reduced patient admissions to hospital and accelerated patient stability for maximum benefit from physical/occupational therapy sessions. We love seeing our patients benefit from these improved outcomes!